Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Kevin Smith visits Star Wars 7 Set; Leaves in Tears

Clerks director and long-time Star Wars fans Kevin Smith visited the Star Wars Episode 7 set today and it seems that the experience was quite moving. Namely, he left the set in tears (of joy) saying that "the Force is with this movie". He posted a photo of himself in this emotional state via Instagram and you can see it bellow:
kevin smith star wars 7 tears
His Instagran post

The caption reads:
Visited JJ and his EP VII set. I signed the NDA so all I can share are this old Bantha-Tracks subscriber's tears and snotty nose of joy. The Force is WITH this movie. Holy Sith...'
His face does seem really genuine and I don't find it hard to believe that he really got a chance to see something awesome. Is this just a publicity stun though as many are claiming? It is not unlikely, but for once I'd like to think that we are just being overly negative because we don't trust J.J. Abrams enough.

Even I've written some very harsh criticism over the years, but for the moment being I am still giving J.J and Disney the benefit of doubt. As far as I'm concerned they need only make a movie that is better than "The Phantom Menace" and a large part of me will be satisfied. However, the fact that they don't plant to take any of the awesome plot scenarios from the Expanded Universe does kind of have me frightened to say the least. As I've written numerous times - Star Wars 7 can only gain from accepting the EU, but alas I am just a tiny little blogger!

In other news, Harrison Ford injured his ankle on set several days ago which caused the entire schedule to shift. Don't worry though: he's fine and Star Wars Episode 7 is still coming as planned.


https://www.facebook.com/FirefoxOSGeek Star Wars 7 feed https://twitter.com/DanicFilip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this link!