Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Star Wars Episode 7 Screenplay Will be Written by Michael Arndt

Star Wars Episode 7 Michael Arndt Recently I learned that Michael Arndt will be responsible for writing the screenplay for the new Star Wars movie which still doesn't stick very well with me. There are so many talented people that Disney/Lucasfilm could choose from yet they chose Michael Arndt. Now, if you don't know who he is then your reaction so far hasn't really been dramatic, yet is seems like I dislike the guy's guts. Why is this so? Well, I have no love for him this is true, but he isn't a very reputable screenwriter. He has two notable rewards, one for the movie Little Miss Sunshine and the other for Toy Story 3. Oh, but hold the applause it gets better!


  Now, I have seen both of these movies and don't get me wrong - they weren't so bad, in fact I did find them quite good to some extent. However, I see no correlation in any of them with something as large as Star Wars. Mister Arndt has an interesting life background and I can safely say that he is well educated, but I am very displeased with his experience in the field. Star Wars has been around for a lot longer than he has been in the movie industry and I am sure that J.J. Abrams could have found a better person for Star Wars Episode 7.

  Of course he has no  reason to since Michael Arndt is a Disney lapdog. Why? Have a look at his recent projects:
  • Toy Story 3, a cartoon by Disney
  • Brave, a cartoon by Disney
  • Phineas and Ferb 2014, an upcoming cartoon by Disney
 But don't worry, he is also working on a very serious project - The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

 Yeah, just let us leave it at that.

 Now, the actual story won't just be written by him, and he will mostly be editing what others have written and arranging it into a whole new screenplay. Even so, as a fan I do not feel very comfortable to have him work on such a high position in the Star Wars 7 movie staff.

 Is Star Wars 7 going to be a Disney cartoon? Let me know in the comments section guys and girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this link!