Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Lupita Nyong’o and Gwendoline Christie Join Star Wars 7 Crew

Star Wars was often criticized for the lack of female characters in the movies and they were about to get a lot of negative comments for Episode VII as well, considering that the only female actors on the team are Carrie Fisher and Daisy Ridley. However, this will no longer be the case as Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy has recently announced that Oscar-awarded actress Lupita Nyong'o and Gwendoline Christie will be joining the Star Wars 7 team. Let's dig into the news and see just who these lovely ladies are.

Lupita nyong Gwendoline Christie star wars 7 news
Very excited that these ladies are joining the Star Wars 7 crew!


Lupita Nyong Joins the Star Wars 7 Team!

At first I was honestly unfamiliar with Lupita Nyong because I am yet to see the movies 12 Years a Slave (2013) which landed her an Academy Award for the Best Supporting Actress. As you may expect this award has really kick-started her career and she has a lot of great projects ahead of her.

Lupita-nyong-star-wars-7-role
Lupita Nyong’o
A bit of background: Lupita was born in Mexico City on March 1, 1983. She grew up in a rather artistic family and acting was her childhood dream. In fact, you could say that her first role was her debut as Juliet (at age 14) for a local Nairobi-based repertory company Phoenix Players. She finished collage in the United States after returning from Kenya.

She is currently 31 and her professional acting career essentially started in 2009. By today's standards she started rather late, but we can certainly agree that she has a lot of time in front of her to dazzle the world. It is unknown what her role in Star Wars 7 is going to be, but we are excited to have her!

Brienne of Tarth at Your Service 

While didn't know much about Lupita (once again, I apologize for my ignorance), I certainly knew quite a bit about Gwendoline Christie - namely thanks to the Game of Thrones TV series. Honestly, I think that she plays the role of Brienne very well and I have no trouble imagining her kicking-ass in a Sci-Fi movie like Star Wars VII.

Gwendoline Christie Star Wars 7

I'm just not sure what her weapon of choice would be? Would she swing a giant double-edged lightsaber or would she prefer to take a laser rifle and blast at the enemy? As you can tell, I am rather excited to see joining the Star Wars 7 team because I feel she has a lot to offer. Maybe, I am just being a bit of fan-boy though?

What are your thoughts my dear readers? I enjoy reading through your comments so feel free to let me know what you think! :)

https://www.facebook.com/FirefoxOSGeek http://feeds.feedburner.com/FirefoxOsGeek https://twitter.com/DanicFilip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this link!