News about the new Star Wars movie have been in a standstill for some time now, but recent rumors have given us a lot of detail regarding the Star Wars 7 characters and potential actors. Of course this still remains in the domain of "it is just a rumor", but many trustworthy sites have given the news their seal of approval and marked it as potentially true. Even IGN posted about this and they added that casting directors April Webster, Alyssa Weisberg and Nina Gold will be responsible for bringing in some new blood into the series. J.J. Abrams hasn't really made any statements yet and this is explained by the fact that he is busy with the new Star Trek film.
|Who will be the stars of Star Wars 7? Give us your opinion in the comments!|
So how does this list of actors look like? Well, these isn't really a list of actors, but rather, a list of attributes that each role requires. Agents will have to find suitable candidates based on these requirements which usually include sex, age and physical appearance. So, without further to do here are the Star Wars 7 character templates:
- Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit.
- Young twenty-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking.
- A late twentysomething male, fit, handsome and confident.
- Seventy-something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanour. Also doesn’t need to be particularly fit.
- A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and fit.
- Forty something male, fit, military type.
- Thirtysomething male, intellectual. Apparently doesn’t need to be fit.
As you can seem there are 7 unique character models, each with their own requirements. Most of these require someone who is young or in their late teens which is an interesting choice as Star Wars was usually more mature when it comes to its characters. However, with Disney taking over, we can expect Star Wars 7 to go after the Hunger Games formula: pretty teen girl, funny/good-looking male characters and some old guys as the bad people.
Will this be something that Star Wars 7 will be aiming at? It is very likely that the new movie will try to approach a younger audience, but I personally doubt that it will go so far. Either way, these things are still so early in their development process that is is difficult to say anything about the new movie without it being just a speculation. So, keep following our blog via RSS or follow us via Twitter.